It might sound weird at first, but the author believes that eating for 8 hours, and fasting for 16 hours isn’t that difficult, and it is very effective.
An average person sleeps 7-8 hours per night, and spends another 8 hours in eating and doing other activities. So, keeping the hunger under control for 16 hours isn’t that hard.
WHY THE 8-HOUR DIET PLAN WORKS?
This type of diet plan works because you will not need to keep track on the calories, proteins, and carbs you will eat. So, let’s take a look at the actual 8-hour diet.
Most people work in an office, which means they spend a lot of time sitting. When you are in this position your body won’t be able to properly digest the food.
That’s why people can’t lose weight, even when they follow a healthy eating plan. This diet works in that way that it gives your body plenty of time to digest everything.
2. BURNS MORE CALORIES
You should eat in a timeframe of 8 hours. This means that you will have a lot of time between your last meal and your breakfast. When your body doesn’t eat for a longer period, it will burn the stored fat with a simple workout in the morning.
3. GET PROPER REST
In those 16 hours your body will be able to relax, rest, and stretch.
4. PREVENTS DISEASES AND AGING
This diet also maximizes the energy output in the cells, and lowers the risk of cell damage. In this way you slow down the aging process and lower the chances of getting heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
WHAT TO EAT WHILE FOLLOWING THE 8-HOUR DIET?
Here are the details about the diet:
* Always begin your day with any kind of detox drink, such as green tea
* Then, you can make a banana or kale smoothie, eat eggs and toast, or wheat flakes and milk.
* Before you have your lunch you can have a veggie salad, watermelon, and few almonds.
* For lunch you can eat a tuna or veggie sandwich with a fruit juice, or baked fish/tortilla wrap with yogurt and veggies.
* After lunch you can have one apple or orange and a dark chocolate brownie
* In the evening you can have another snack such as popcorn, baked potato wafer, or nachos.
* As a dinner you should eat chicken kebab, grilled veggies, and bread pudding, or lentil/chicken soup, or kidney beans with chapattis, or vegetable lasagne.
The menu is pretty rich. However, the real struggle is to avoid eating for 16 hours.
Therefore, it is best to eat your dinner at 6pm, and not eat anything after that.
While you are on this diet you should incorporate any type of exercise because it is important for you to stay active.
You should remember that if your goal is losing weight, you should focus on your diet. Weight loss is always about 70% diet and 30% exercise.