Many studies show that sugar is a highly addictive substance, in fact it is addictive as heroin. That is the reason why food manufacturers add sugar in everything they produce. Statistics say that an average American consumes around 20 teaspoons of sugar per day, which is a lot more than our body needs.
Also, sugar is the biggest cause for weight gain, diabetes, high levels of cholesterol, as well as few types of cancer.
However, you shouldn’t worry because this challenge will put your body back on track and reset it.
Our body needs sugar, but we consume the wrong type of sugar (processed) and in large amounts. The best type of sugar can be found in fruits and veggies.
Our brain releases dopamine when it consumes sugar, and dopamine is the chemical that makes us feel good and relaxed.
When you get on this diet and stick till the end you will see that the levels of your energy will be increased and you will have less cravings about sugar. Also, you will feel less tired.
The aim of this sugar detox diet is to eliminate all the added sugars from your diet, and you will in turn lose weight. You will eliminate all the processed sugar and you will consume sugar from natural sources in moderate amounts.
Note: This diet is very flexible, which means it can be modified. You should repeat the one week meal plan for three weeks.
Easy To Follow 21 Day Sugar Detox Diet Plan
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with low-fat cheese and spinach, 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Snack:1 Grapefruit
- Lunch:Tuna salad
- Dinner: Baked fish and stir fried vegetables
- Breakfast: Veggie juice (3 carrots, 2 cucumbers, 1 sweet pepper)
- Snack:1 mango
- Lunch: Baked chicken breast and 1 avocado
- Dinner: 1 bowl of green beans with one piece of salmon
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with broccoli and garlic
- Snack: 2 oranges
- Lunch: One cucumber and hummus
- Dinner: 1 vegetable burrito
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with almonds, blueberries, and almond milk
- Snack: 1 apple and almond butter
- Lunch: 1 bowl of vegetable salad (mixed veggies)
- Dinner: Baked fish and 2 cups of steamed broccoli
- Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs (diced) mixed with kale, lettuce, and broccoli into a salad
- Snack: 1 cup of sliced pineapple
- Lunch: Baked salmon and 1 cucumber
- Dinner: 1 bowl of pumpkin soup
- Breakfast: 1 can of tuna with 2 slices of multi-grain bread
- Snack: 1 cup of blueberries
- Lunch: 1 cup of boiled quinoa with broccoli and 1 avocado
- Dinner: Chicken lettuce wraps
- Breakfast: 3 hard-boiled eggs (diced) with lettuce and broccoli into a salad.
- Snack: 2 oranges
- Lunch: 1 cup of boiled rice with 1 steak
- Dinner: 1 bowl of chicken soup with wheat dumplings
TIPS FOR YOUR SUGAR DETOX CHALLENGE
- Take control over your emotions.
- Stay away from alcohol.
- Don’t quit if you mess up.
- Cook at home.
- Relax yourself
- Don’t be distracted.
- Don’t eat junk food when you finish the diet.
The whole point of this diet is to eliminate the processed sugar as much as possible. When you manage to do this your body will be filled with more energy, you will lose weight, and see the difference.