Having a good night’s sleep is very important for having a healthy body and mind. However, there are few things that you may do wrong before bedtime. So, you should always avoid doing these things before falling asleep:
12 Dangerous Bedtime Habits You Should Avoid
1. DON’T GO TO BED WITH COLD FEET
Your feet should be warm before you get to bed.
2. NOT HAVING A BEDTIME ROUTINE
You should have a routine, something that will remind you that it’s time to go to bed, such as washing the face, or brushing the teeth.
3. AVOID DRINKING COFFEE 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED
Caffeine can make you stay awake for a longer time.
4. AVOID CERTAIN SLEEPING POSITIONS
According to experts, you should sleep on your left side.
5. KEEP THE ELECTRONIC DEVICES AWAY
If you tend to scroll through your phone before you go to bed, you are sabotaging your sleep because the bright screen will prevent your brain from falling asleep.
6. AVOID READING BOOKS
You will also stay awake longer if you start to read a book in bed.
7. AVOID A BRIGHT ALARM CLOCK
If you have any type of light in front of your bed, it will disturb your sleep and you may not rest properly during the night.
8. DON’T DRINK ANY LIQUIDS 1HOUR BEFORE SLEEP TIME
You will need to visit the bathroom often, which will disturb your sleep cycle.
9. AVOID AFTERNOON NAPS
Naps will make you feel rested and your body will think that it doesn’t need to sleep.
10. DON’T SLEEP ON A LOW-QUALITY MATTRESS
It is important that you sleep on a high-quality mattress because you will wake up well rested.
11. DON’T EAT 2 HOURS BEFORE SLEEP TIME
When you go to sleep with a full stomach, the body will start to process the food and you will stay awake.
12. AVOID EXERCISING 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED
Your body gets energy and adrenaline when you exercise, which is the reason why you will not be able to fall asleep fast.